The School was built by the second Lord Rayleigh in 1851, to provide education according to the principles and practices of the Church of England. It was enlarged by the addition of two new classrooms, a hall and kitchen in 1965.
The children are central to everything we do as a fully inclusive school. We expect all our children to achieve to their full potential by means of a challenging and exciting curriculum that develops a passion for life long learning.
Church schools are part of the nations maintained system of education and are operated in partnership with the Local Authority. Each Church School has a Governing Body constituted in accordance with its instrument of government which is responsible for the school and on which the Church, Local Authority, Parents, Teachers and Staff will be represented.
The Governors meet formally once a term and the committees also meet once per term.