Where teachers feel a longer conversation about a child would be beneficial, parents will be invited to attend a structured conversation.
A structured conversation is a 30 minute, termly meeting between parents and the class teacher which replaces the normal parents evening.
- The first part of the structured conversation will give you an opportunity to celebrate successes, share your concerns and aspirations for your child;
- Clear goals and targets will then be set for learning and for wider outcomes, such as behaviour, friendships and participation in clubs;
- Together, you and the teacher decide on activities to help the child to achieve those targets;
- Next, you will decide who will do what to help the child – in school and at home.
- Finally, the date and time of the next meeting will be agreed and decisions made about how to keep in touch between meetings.